Monday, October 27, 2008

Stephen's Birthday Gift







OK, there are about five different things that I want to blog about and I wanted to do them in order, but I am finding that I keep running out of time to do them all at once, and now I am forgetting what it was I wanted to blog about in the first place. So here is my solution. I will blog about one a day and hopefully as I blog about one thing, I will remember about another for the next day! Today I am starting off with Stephen's birthday. It was a rather quiet affair this year just due to the sheer number of activities going on in a very short amount of time. The best part of it was watching how he reacted to my parents gift. Let me preface what they gave him with an explanation. Stephen has been saving his money for the last 6-8 months to buy a Star Wars Transformer. My parents where impressed when they heard this and decided to help him along toward his goal by giving him a gift card to Walmart in an amount about five dollars shy of what he needed (or at least that was what I thought since I hadn't looked at the price of the Star Wars Transformers since the new movie came out). When Stephen opened his card and found the gift card he started to get excited! He asked me if Walmart had Star Wars Transformers. I told him that I was pretty sure that they did, but that they might be a little bit more than what was on the gift card. At this point he got a little bit sad, but seemed to remember his money that he had saved fairly quickly! He asked if we could go to Walmart and if he could bring his money so that he could get a Star Wars Transformer. I told him that we could, and we were off to Walmart within 30 minutes of him opening his card! (I had foreseen that he would be VERY anxious to go to Walmart and so was prepared to go before I even gave him the card.) When we got to Walmart, we found out that not only was there a MUCH wider selection of the Star Wars Transformers than there had been the last time we looked, but that they were about half the cost of the previous Star Wars Transformers were. (Amazing what happens when a new movie comes out!) Stephen was so excited to realize that he could get TWO Star Wars Transformers! I helped him pull all of the different "guys" and let him decide which ones he wanted. Well, while we were checking to make sure that we had all of the different "guys" to choose from, Stephen discovered that there were also Transformer Animated "guys". To make a process that took about 15-20 minutes shorter, Stephen decided to get one Star Wars Transformer and one Transformer Animated "guy". We then proceeded to the check out where Stephen informed the cashier, after putting the toys up to be scanned, that he would be paying for them. He then asked her "Have you ever had a kid pay by himself before?" I thought that it was soo cute how excited he was to be paying for his toys all by himself. (I did help him come up with the right amount of change.) Mind you he had been telling everyone who was willing to listen what he was doing. It was so cute to watch him! I am so proud of him for saving up his money! I took some pictures of him with his chosen toys that I will post later!

No comments:

Light Orchid_ 3 Column